I found this bottle of ant poison under the house today. It must have been buried in the dirt for over 100 years! The California State Board of Pharmacy banned the sale of Kellogg’s Ant Paste after May 15, 1916. It was advertised as having a Rattle Cap – the tin cap on this little bottle had a small pocket that evidently was filled with buck shot and it would rattle when you pick the bottle up or try to open the cap. This was apparently a warning to the poisonous contents as the paste contains arsenic. After two children reportedly consumed the poison and died the product was banned for sale on the grocery shelves.